Visit the Shelter
Nestled in the tall pines just north of Magnolia, Texas Wolfdog Project offers shelter and sanctuary for Wolfdogs and special needs canines who have had a hard turn in life. As a 501c3 all volunteer organization we are 100% focused on caring for our animals while seeking to educate the public about Wolfdogs and Northern Breed animals. We are open to the public Saturday’s from 11-5pm and during the week by appointment only.
Please call 855-TWP-WOLF (855-897-9653) to schedule your visit today! Adults - $25, ages 12 & under - $15.
*Age limits vary per enclosure. Kids under 12 can only enter a few of our enclosure.
New/General Safety rules for everyone on TWPS Property
- Do not stick your hands in an enclosure or pet any of the animals without permission from a TWP lead volunteer.
- No personal pets allowed.
- No running or yelling.
- Children under the age of fourteen must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Adults must sign a waiver/release and anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present to sign on their behalf.
ANIMAL AND ENCLOSURE SAFETY
- Do not enter an animal enclosure without a lead volunteer present.
- Any interactions between a minor and any of the animals must be supervised by a lead volunteer and will be at the discretion of the TWP volunteer.
- Do not grab the animals by their collars (if wearing one), paws, tails or faces as some are sensitive in these areas.
- Do not stick your face in their face or hover over/hug them
- If an animal does happen to get an item, do NOT try to take it away from them. Alert a lead volunteer immediately so they can safely retrieve the item.
VOLUNTEER AND WORKDAY SAFETY
If you are interested in volunteering for Texas Wolfdog Project, please click here or click the Volunteer button towards the top left of the page.
- Always make sure when entering/exiting the animals enclosures that gates are shut and latched/secured before opening up the other gate to enter/exit the enclosure.
- Safety equipment is a must when working with power tools.
- If you are working in an enclosure while animals are present, make sure ALL loose items are secure and accounted for and out of the animals reach.
- If an animal does happen to get an item, do NOT try to take it away from them. Alert a lead volunteer immediately so they can safely retrieve the item
- Take breaks and stay hydrated while working. TWPS will provide water.
- If you become injured or don’t feel well, immediately seek attention from a lead volunteer.
- When the workday is over, we ask that you help to pick up.
- When leaving for the day, please let someone know